To support you in your application, we are pleased to offer the English Language Proficiency Test for applicants to the University of Sunderland (both campuses: Sunderland and London)
- Date: Saturday 13th July 2019
- Place: CasaEducation office at Commons Zerktouni : Angle boulevard de la Résistance et boulevard de Londres Casablanca.
- Time: from 10 am to 1pm
You can book to take the University of Sunderland English Language Proficiency Test if you:
- Hold a conditional offer for study at the University of Sunderland, Sunderland or London campus
- Hold a valid IELTS certificate with a score lower than the score required
- Not having taken the IELTS exam
The ELPT assesses the four skill areas: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Systems Knowledge is tested through the tasks found within each individual element.
The test is benchmarked against IELTS, but does have some differences in terms of structure and task choice. The tests’ intent is to demonstrate a sufficient level of academic ability as well as language knowledge; some tasks are academic in nature to allow candidates to demonstrate the appropriate skills required to successfully study on their main course of study or relevant pre-sessional programme.
- Listening (approximately 20 minutes)
- Reading (40 minutes)
- Writing (40 Minutes)
- Speaking (10 Minutes)
To help you prepare and practice for your English test, we have provided samples of reading and writing questions and reading texts.
You will need to bring the following documents to the test:
- Proof of your identity (passport or national identity card) at registration. You must bring the same identity document on the test day as the one recorded on your online booking form. If you do not do this you will not be allowed to take the test.
- A photocopy of your ID (passport or national identity card)
- Your conditional offer letter from University of Sunderland
You will be contacted with the results of your test within 3 days. We will tell you if you have met the entry requirements or not. Please note that results are not transferable to any other institution.